Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Smileberry Sun Sun Smile


Recently while browsing YouTube I came across this video, Sun Sun Smile from the band Smileberry.  I will start off by talking about the music video itself which I am not a big fan of.  First off, I really don't like this bands look.  I don't think that the drummer and lead guitar player look that bad but I don't really care for the rest bands look. Another thing I don't care for is the rhythm guitar players guitar. That pink half moon with stars on it is not a guitar I would ever play on stage.  One last problem I will point out is the lack of energy the lead guitar player has in the video.  In my opinion he doesn't look like he is enjoying being there compared to the rest of the band.  When you are trying to promote your music at least look like you are enjoying it.


Now as for the music itself I didn't think it was bad.  I don't say that lightly, especially since i typically do not like bands like Smileberry.  However, this time I will make an exception.  The musicians were good and the song was upbeat.  I wasn't a big fan of the synth in the song but it wasn't bad enough to push me away from the song. I like the guitar solo in the song and I thought the singer sounded good as well.  The combination of heavy rhythm guitar and funky and melodic lead guitar worked well and help brought the song together.

On a video aspect I hate the song.  I hate the bands look and I especially hate that pink/star guitar.   However, if  I am not watching the video and am listening to the song from my IPhone I enjoy it.  I don't think it is great but it is enjoyable I would give it a 3 out of 5.    

No comments:

Post a Comment