Search This Blog

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas The Sun Also Rises Review



Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is one of the most interesting bands I have ever come across.  They have an interesting sound that I haven't really heard out of too many bands.  Their combination of metal core and electronic music has made them very unique.  While there are elements of this band I don't like, there are elements of this band I like a lot.  Like I said in my review of their song "Let Me Hear" they are overall good musicians with a good sound.  Let's see if their newest song, "The Sun Also Rises" holds up.

Musically, this is not one of my favorite songs from this band.  Usually, this band has a good balance of electronic music and metal, but in this song the metal takes a back seat to the electronic and it isn't as balanced as I like.  While the metal music is there, it is more subtle then most of their other songs.  It only sticks out briefly in a few sections of the song.   The rest of the song is more driven by auto tune vocals and synth. While I am not a fan of auto tune, the basic vocal melody is pretty good and sounds decent.  The band also continues their unique song structure that they use in most of their songs and I really like that about this band.  The way they structure their songs is very uncommon but it still sounds good and it flows very well.  Nothing really sounds out of place and it sounds smooth.  I just wish that they were more balanced like they normally are.  Because certain elements are taking a back seat in this song, it sound more like a generic electronic song then a interesting mixture of genres, which what people like about this band.  Overall, the music isn't bad, but it isn't their best.

Lyrically, this an uplifting song about overcoming obstacles you come across in life.  It is saying that you will have to make decisions to either give in to your obstacles or take them head on and defeat them. While I do think the lyrics could have been written better, they are not all that bad and they are effective at getting the message across.  Overall, the lyrics have a good message and they make it clear what the message is.  The way they are written could be improved but it is a minor problem.  

While I am not a big fan of the music in this song, I don't think the song is flat out bad, it is misguided.  Clearly, the band is experimenting in this song and trying something new.  I give them credit for trying new things, it just isn't my taste.  If you are a big fan of this band then you might like this song.  For me, it is an okay song.  I give The Sun Also Rises a 3 out of 5.  

No comments:

Post a Comment