Search This Blog

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Splash Mountain A Fun Soundtrack



When it comes to the Disneyland rides, a lot of them have one thing in common.  The rides have very good and very memorable soundtracks.  From Pirates of the Caribbean, to the Haunted Mansion, these are very well done soundtracks that people never forget. Another soundtrack that no one ever forgets, is the soundtrack for Splash Mountain.

I must say that this is one of the most catchy soundtracks I have ever heard.  It uses the same songs as the movie it is based on, "Song of The South", accept the songs are a little more energetic and are sung by the animated characters without Uncle Remus.  Most of the songs have a great beat and a great hook that makes want to sing along with them.  The intro starts out fairly simple, it is an instrumental version of the song "How Do You Do".  They use this to help ease the person into the ride and give them a moment to just simply enjoy the atmosphere of the ride.  This is a good start to the soundtrack because it is able to get you excited for the rest of the ride while at same time being really laid back and easy to enjoy.  After the intro is done,  the vocals then come in and you experience the full version of the song.  From this point on, you get to experience a very good remake of the Song of The South Soundtrack.  

While I certainly love the voice of James Baskett, who plays Uncle Remus in Song of the South, I have to admit that even without him these songs sound good.  I think the reason for that is that they also change the music as well.  In this soundtrack the songs are more energetic and more fast pace then they are in the movie.  This was a smart move on Disney's part, because if they kept the songs in their original form without James Baskett singing, it would feel weird and out of place.  People would feel thrown off and it would damage their experience of Splash Mountain.  

As the soundtrack continues, you then get into the remake of "Everybody's Got a Laughing Place".  I actually like this version better then in the movie. To me, the music is better and the vocals are much stronger then in the movie.  I actually found myself wanting to sing along with this version, while I really didn't get into the old version all that much.  

After Everybody's Got a Laughing Place, you then get a brief monologue about how Brer Rabbit finally got in too much trouble and then you get into the biggest song of the whole soundtrack, Zip A Dee Doo Dah".  This is a good way to wrap up the soundtrack.  The song is really fun and just as catchy as the movie.  I found myself singing along with this as soon as I heard it on the ride and every time I listen to the song, I can't help but to get into it. It is a lot of fun and truly makes you leave the ride on a high note. 

This soundtrack is full of catchy songs that are fun to listen to in and outside of the ride.  If you are a Disney fan, I highly recommend this soundtrack.  If you are just looking for something fun to listen to, I highly recommend this as well. If you want to preview this soundtrack, it is on Spotify.  If you want it, you can buy this soundtrack on Itunes by checking out the Classic Disney Songs Collection, or you can order a physical copy of the collection on Ebay, Amazon, and many other cites.  Splash Mountain, a classic ride with a classic soundtrack.  


(If you like this blog and would like to support it, follow me on Patreon and become a patron by clicking the link below."



No comments:

Post a Comment