Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Black Tide Honest Eyes Review



I remember getting ready to play Street Fighter x Tekken with my friends when the game came out. My friend preordered the game because he is a huge street fighter fan and couldn't wait to play it.  I personally thought the game was good but wasn't a huge fan.  However, the one thing about the game I really did like and still listen to, til this day, is the game's opening song, Honest Eyes by Black Tide.  

The intro to this song is awesome, it kicks right off with at heavy, high energy opening that is great and I couldn't help to to headbang to it.  The dual guitar work in the intro is spot on, both guys do an amazing job playing together and it continues through out the entire song.  The drum work in this song is also great as well.  It is fast, but not overpowering and works well with the guitar work.  The vocals in this song work very well.  The guitarist and bassist do a great job sharing lead vocals in the verses, which then leads into an epic chorus.  The bridge does a nice job building for the final chorus.  The way the song ends is very cool as well, with a great combination of guitar solos and singing.  Musically, this is a very solid song.

If you are someone who is angry at the world or at yourself, this song is perfect for you from a lyrical stand point.  This song is basically about trying to not give in to the corruption of the world.  They make this point clear with lines such as "I'll rise above it all" as well as "I'm filled with hate and you will regret.  The other message that people get from the song is that it is about rising above your own demons.  Both messages make sense to me and I think both messages are good.  The lyrics work very well and are executed.  They are sung well and the music really compliments them.

This is one song I highly recommend.  Even though the band isn't around anymore, this is still a song that deserves a lot more recognition then it got.  I still listen to it and you should too.  You can get it on Spotify, Itunes, Apple Music, and Amazon.  I give this song a 5 out of 5.






No comments:

Post a Comment