Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Martina McBride Concrete Angel Review



In all honesty, I am not the biggest fan of country music, especially of modern country.  I am a hard rock and metal fan and have been for most of my life.  However, one thing I have come to love and appreciate is a song that is from the heart.  A song that is well written and has a deep message.  Martina McBride has accomplished this many times, but one of her best, in my opinion, is “Concrete Angel”.  

Lyrically, the song is very deep and talks about the issue of child abuse.  Martina McBride wrote the lyrics in the form of a story of a girl who goes through life hiding her abuse or people seeing and ignoring it.  The lyrics take a dark turn by saying that the girls died in the final verse.  In chorus, tells us that fought through it while alive.  It then goes on to say that the girl has found happiness in Heaven.

Along with powerful lyrics,  Martina McBride has a beautiful voice that conveys the song’s message well.  I saw a YouTuber named “Too Sushi” who said her voice made the song sound like a lullaby and I honestly agree.  The soft melody is able to do both address the deep  message and give a song a bit of a calm feel.  

The music video for the song is amazing as well.  It illustrates the lyrics perfectly and Martina McBride’s look is amazing.  Her blue eyes really make you keep your attention on her.  It is not in the form of, (oh I look beautiful and sexy so look at me). It’s actually in the sense of,( I’ve got something to say, please listen).  When you look at her face and eyes, you can tell she’s being real and it sells the song that much better.

No matter what genre you listen to most, I can’t recommend this song enough.  It has a good, deep message, the music fits well, and Martina McBride’s voice really carries the song.  This is song is one that deserves a lot more attention and is one you really should check out.



No comments:

Post a Comment