Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2020

Top 5 Aiolin Songs



If there is one visual kei band that has caught my attention a lot recently, it would be Aiolin.  With good musicianship and a great musician to lead them, this band has put out quite a few songs since they debut in 2017.  In that time, they have put out several great songs.  Here are my top 5 songs from this band.

5.  Breathing


Aiolin does a great job when it comes to ballads and this one of my favorites from them.  I really like how the song has a good slow build and then really picks up in the chorus.  I've always like this set up at the beginning of a song and they pull it off very nicely.  The chorus in this song is also very nice.  it is just the right level o energy but not so over the top that it kills the song.  The violin solo in this song is also very well executed.  He does a good job of adding classical elements to rock and that solo is a good example of that.

4.  Ark Night
  

This song was a great song to use as the opening song for their first album (Tear In The Rain).  The high energy in the intro is a great hook that made me want to rock out, as well as look forward to the rest of the album.  I also really like the melodic vocals of the chorus.  It is perfectly balanced with the music and creates a chorus that creates feeling while at the same time making me want to rock out. 

3.  Remember the Name


This is the first song I heard from this band and man did it make an impression.  The taping guitar work along with the violin in the intro hooks you right off the back.  Then there's the awesome guitar solo.  Hikarito bust out a really good fast solo with hints of melody thrown in and it works really well. 

2.  Dusk Reaper


Being this band's newest single, they continue to produce great music.  The melodic vocals continue to serve this band well and it carries throughout the entire song. The best part of this song though is the awesome violin solo.  I've heard a lot of violin solos from Hikarito and this is one of this best.  The great melodic sound with moments of speed work very well together and gives a very epic solo.

1. Stardust Crystal


My favorite song without a doubt has to be Stardust Crystal. I even made a video using this song.  It has a lot going on in it from the piano, to the guitar and violin, yet it all works together.  As far as ballads go, this one does a great job of reminding you it is a rock song while still having that emotional feel that a ballad goes for.  The energy works well with the melodic music and has some of the best instrumental moments I have ever heard out of this band.  As far as guitar solo's go, this is Hikarioto's best, in my opinion.  He does some great melodic shredding in this song and I enjoy listening to it whenever it shows up on my playlist.





No comments:

Post a Comment