Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Twice's New YouTube Original




Twice recently released a trailer for their upcoming YouTube series called "Seize the Light".  I heard talk of this happening earlier this year but I honestly didn't think it was actually going to be ready until the summer, clearly I am wrong.  A lot of people are excited for this and I see a lot o potential in this series. So here is what I hope to see out of it.

The first thing I hope for is a good balance between stage performance and things behind the scenes.  One trap that some documentaries like this fall into is that they will focus either too much of one or the other and it results in people feeling confused on what the identity of the documentary is.  People will start to wonder is it a concert film or is a behinds the scenes documentary.  Considering that this is a series and not one documentary, I think it will be better balanced and hopefully won't have this problem.  

Another thing I am curious about is how they will handle Mina's anxiety.  This was the tour when Mina's anxiety hit her hard and she ended up having to drop out of the tour as a result. Considering that the camera's were with them all tour, I'm curious if they will brush over it or actually spend some time on it.  In all honesty, I think they should spend some time on it.  Now, when I say that, I don't mean that it should be focusing on Mina.  She was in very bad shape and needed to be left alone.  I still remember that video of her walking out of the airport with the bucket hat over her eyes while crying, it was hard to watch.  What I think it should happen is that we should get the other members reactions and see how they handled it.  While the situation was clearly bad and it certainly made a negative impact, they also grew as a group as well.  Feel Special is their most sincere album and this situation played a part in the making of that album.  There is a reason Mina is in the center on the album cover.  So I think to just skip over it would be disservice to them because it's playing down something that ended up bringing them closer together, both as a group and as friends.  

Last is that even though I do want to see how they handled Mina's situation,  I still don't want the whole series to be drowned in drama.  I remember watching Metallica's Some Kind of Monster movie and getting annoyed by all the drama in it.  Seeing hardships is good because it shows that they are human but when it gets so overwhelming, it gets annoying and feels fake.  Stuff like that is part f the reason I don't watch reality shows anymore. This basically is another form of balance that need's to be taken into account.  Show the right amount of good times and bad.

I honestly have a lot of hopes for this series.  It looks like it has a lot of potential and the members are not afraid to express their feelings so I think this will work.  I look forward to the day it comes out and curious what we will get to see!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cmack4242/

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/cammusicheaven

Minds.com:  https://www.minds.com/Cam4242/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cmack4242/

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I am excited for you and the release of the series. Maybe don't ask yourself too many questions right now. Let the audience lead the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, that's exciting. I am not a fan, but my sister is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks interesting hadn't known about this but will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not my type of music but the video is nice and the fact is exciting for lovers of this

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Good for them! I heard Twice is one of the most dominant K-Pop groups today. They're giving me a tad 2NE1 vibe somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, looks like a great series, worth watching! Amazing video of Twice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I might be the only one that has never heard of this group. I have watched rockumentaries before though and they have tended to focus on the drama. Drama sells unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on having One of the most sophisticated blogs Ive come throughout in a few time! Its just incredible how much you can remove from some thing thanks to how visually beautiful it’s. Youve put collectively an awesome blog space -great graphics, videos, layout. This can be undoubtedly a must-see weblog! https://www.buyyoutubesubscribers.in

    ReplyDelete