Search This Blog

Monday, May 8, 2017

Top 5 Sistar Songs

Recently I have started to get more into Sistar recently after I discovered their song I Swear.  I was really impressed by the girls vocal abilities and was curious enough to look deeper in their catalog.  Overall, they have some pretty impressive music.  All four girls are good singers and are certainly worth recognition.  This time, I count down the top 5 Sistar songs.

5.  Shake It
Initially when I saw this title I was a little worried.  I didn't know who Sistar was at the time and I thought that it would just be another generic pop song.  If you look at it from a lyrical stand point, then there is nothing to be impressed by.  However, with the catchy music and the girls amazing vocals, you got a song that is fun and enjoyable.  Hyorin and Dasom do a great job in this song, with Hyorin singing great leads and Dasom really bringing out the catchy nanana parts, she plays in big part in giving this song its catchy feel.  

4.  I Like That
I Like that has a more darker feel to it.  Basically this is about a women breaking up with her ex because she caught him cheating on her.  The music in this song is pretty catchy and easily hooks you into the song.  This is another song where Hyorin and Dasom shine.  With both of them doing a good job leading the song vocally they capture the mood perfectly.  I would slightly say that Dasom's voice fits this song best out of everybody else, but that doesn't diminish the fact that all four of them are good in this song.

3.  Touch My Body
Touch My Body is a feel good song about the girls having a crush on a guy and wanting to spend time with him.  Lyrically there isn't much special about this song.  This is a message we have heard a million times and it's become a cliche at this point.  However, musically and vocally this is one of Sistar's most catchy songs.  This one I can't really say who stands out most, they all do a good job.  Bora's rapping sounds great, Hyorin, Dasom, and Soyou all sound good when they are singing.  This has been credited as the song that got Sistar world wide attention and I can see why.  With it being catchy musically and vocally it can capture the attention of anybody who listens to it.  

2.  Loving U
Loving U is another feel good song, pretty similar to Touch My Body.  A feel good song about having a crush on someone.  Musically, it is a little more simple but that is made up for in the girls vocals.   I would say that Soyou and Bora are the best in this song.  Soyou's voice matches the mood perfectly and Bora's rapping also fits the song well.  The thing that makes this song stand out so well, aside from the members excellent vocals, is the catchy chorus.  Out of all the songs I have heard from Sistar so far, this is defiantly  one that I remember most for it's chorus.  

1.  I Swear
I Swear is very good song, about being loyal to the person you love.  The music itself is pretty good, with its upbeat vibe and good use of the saxophone this is some of the most memorable music in Sistar's discography.  Vocally, Hyorin and Soyou sound amazing  and once again, Bora does a good job rapping.  Without a doubt this is one of the best songs I have heard Hyorin singing on.  I do feel a bad for Dasom in this song though.  She gets a short section to shine and then sticks to backup vocals on the rest of the song.  Having said that I still think this is one of the best Sistar song and it gave me a good introduction to Sistar.    

No comments:

Post a Comment