Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2016

My Top 5 Movie Soundtracks

1. Star Wars by John Williams


I am a big John Williams fan and this is without a doubt one of his best works ever.  With the amount of catchy songs and hooks he composed for the series he has played a big part in what makes the Star Wars series so memorable.

2.  Gettysburg by Randy Edelman

This was one of my childhood movies and with a great soundtrack to remind of it I still watch it today.  Randy did a good job of bringing in great of combining great orchestra music and southern tunes to make you feel like your in a Civil War battle.


3.   Tarzan by Phil Collins


Phil Collins is famous as being the second front man of Genesis as well as having a great solo career.  One of his best moments in his career was when he wrote the soundtrack for Disney's Tarzan.  He would go on to win an Oscar for his work on this movie and I feel rightfully so.  When you listen to the soundtrack it does not sound like a typical sing along soundtrack like Disney did in their movies.  This was a Phil Collins album used for a movie and a great album at that.


4. Braveheart by James Horner


James Horner does a great job of bringing the Celtic and Scottish mood to the movie.  Not only does he do a good job on matching the cultural aspect of the movie but he also did a great job matching the mood of each scene he composed for and when you listen to it you can see those scenes playing out in your mind and when your music is able to do that you have written a great soundtrack.


5.  Indiana Jones by John Williams

I end my list by returning to John Williams for another great soundtrack he wrote for Indiana Jones.  like Star Wars John Williams creates a very catchy score that you can identify the second you hear it.  While I love the acting in the Indiana Jones movies I feel that the score that John Williams wrote is more memorable today then the individual scenes in the movies and that is why I feel this belongs in my top 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment